Friday, September 18, 2009

R.I. P. Cottage Living Magazine



I know, I know. Cottage Livng Magazine has been dead for almost a year but a girl can hope for a resurrection, right? I have many of my original copies but if I'd known they were closing their cute little French Doors, I might have been a little bit more careful with who I leant them to!

Until then, I'll have to check in on My Home Ideas' website:
http://www.myhomeideas.com/specials/cottage-style/cottage-living-style-00400000048568/ , which seems to have a lot of contributors from Birmingham, AL. Coincidence? I think not.  Many of CL's contributors were based in Birmingham. Owned by Time Magazine, the magazine laid off all but 9 of its 47 employees last November.

Most of the ideas I used for my home at 1234 McLendon Avenue in Atlanta were from CL's pages and from what I can tell, they are still here (the images are at least).  The virtual "before and after" videos are great for seeing the impact small design changes can immediately have on a space.

Still hoping for those French Doors to reopen. But until then, My Home Ideas' will be my go-to spot for ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment