Friday, September 18, 2009

The Making of a Cottage Consultant...

Things are nutty around 10 E. these days. My mind is a whirlwind of activity that is leaving me listless at 2 to 6 each morning. My friend, Erin Melick, has encouraged me to pursue my idea of being a "cottage consultant," and I am following my heart (and gut) in this direction. What does this officially mean for me? Honestly I can't say for sure but I believe that I will be able to serve clients interested in sensitively renovating their home or buildng in the context of the older home styles. That is enough for right now.


Who I really want to be is Jane Coslick though: http://www.janecoslick.com/ .

In celebration of my new "enlightenment," I just signed up for my first class at Savannah Tech --I'm planning on taking a course on Architectural Blueprints this fall and encouraging another friend, Beth Ann Jackson, to keep me company (purty please?).

Facing the reality of a job that I just couldn't get excited about pushed me to refocus on what gets me fired up. I am passionate about building solid neighborhoods through good design, preserving the charm of historic homes while making them functional, and creating opportunities where some may see none.

I had questioned my direction for some time but now am on board to move forward and feel so much more confident. Thank you to Drew Kane, Meredith Rominger, and Erin Kane for reminding me of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment